I’m Blessed indeed

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely girl,
And I wish I were as fair.
She seemed so happy, I envied her.
And then, suddenly, she rose to leave,
And I saw her hobble down the aisle,
She had one leg and wore a crutch,
But as she passed, she smiled.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two legs, I am blessed indeed. The world is mine!
Later, walking down the street,
I saw a man with eyes of blue.
But just stood and watched others play.
So, I stopped a moment and then I said,
“Why don’t you join the others, sir?”
But then I knew he could not hear.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two ears, I am blessed indeed. The world is mine!
And later, I stopped to buy some sweets,
The lad who sold them had such charm,
I talked with him. If I were late, it would do no harm.
But as I turned to go, he said to me,
“I thank you sir. You’ve been so kind.
It’s nice to talk with folks like you
But excuse me, I am blind.”
Oh God, forgive me, when I whine,
I have two eyes, I am blessed indeed. The world is mine!
With legs to take me where I want to go,
With ears to hear the things I need to know,
With eyes to watch that radiant sunset glow.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I am blessed indeed! The world is mine!


0 comments: