10 Rules For A Blessed Day

Thursday, May 6, 2010

1. Today I will not strike back...
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will not respond in a like manner.

2. Today I will ask god to bless my ‘enemy’
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly ask God to bless that individual.
I understand “enemy” could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.

3. Today I will be careful about what I say...
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread gossip.

4. Today I will go the extra mile...
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.

5. Today I will forgive...
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.

6. Today I will do something kind for someone, (but I will do it in secret...)
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.

7. Today I will treat others the way I wish to be treated...
I will practice the golden rule. “Do Unto others as I would have them do unto me”- with EVERYONE I encounter.

8. Today I will raise the spirits of someone who is discouraged...
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to someone who is wrestling with life.

9. Today I will nurture my body...
I will eat less... I will eat only healthy foods.
I will thank God for my body.

10. Today I will grow spiritually...
I will spend a little more time in prayer today.
I will begin reading something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some point during this day) and listen to God’s voice.

0 comments: