My Name is ”Gossip”

Thursday, May 6, 2010

--Author Unknown

I have no respect for justice.

I aim without killing.

I break hearts and ruin lives.

I am cunning and malicious, and gather strength with age.

The more I am quoted, the more I am believed.

I flourish at every level of society.

My victims are helpless.

They cannot protect themselves against me,

Because I have no face.

To track me down is impossible.

The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody's friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.

I topple governments, wreck marriages and ruin careers. . .

Cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion.

I spawn suspicion and generate grief.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.

Even my name hisses.

I make headlines and headaches.

Before you repeat a story, ask yourself . . .

'Is it true?

Is it fair?

Is it necessary?

0 comments: