Living from My Heart

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sometimes when I'm trying to think of what is life is all about, I just open up my eyes and ears and heart and look for something that's already a part of my life. Sometimes it's a newspaper article or advertisement, sometimes it's a book that I'm reading, sometimes it's the memory of something that I saw or that happened yesterday or a few days ago…..for that matter….even years ago.

I often ask myself if I am living a true, realistic life from my heart, or am I trying to live some one else’s expectations. It's not an easy question to answer, no matter how much I'd like to tell myself that I'm living truly and honestly. I can’t say that all my actions are on the right track and, that I'm not doing something merely because it's convenient or because it's the easiest road to travel or because it helps me to avoid complications.

But is that what's best for me? We have to let life give us its input and respect it, even if we don't understand its complexities completely. What happens if living from our hearts affects other people far too strongly for us? Perhaps I'm harder on myself than I need to be, but I think it's important to acknowledge the doubts when they're here. If I had my heart's desire, I would no longer think the way. But if we make the decision to look for the beauty in each day, there's no way that anyone else should be able to take it away from us.

So much of our lives have to do with our own decisions concerning how we see the world. If we wake up and see the day before us as drudgery, guess how we're going to approach that day, and guess how we're going to feel? On the other hand, if we wake up and realize that we have a whole day of miraculous things like flowers, birds and all beautiful things of this nature, then guess what that day's going to be like?

"You've got to get up every morning with a smile on your face. . . . you're beautiful as you feel……day becomes equally beautiful". All in all it is all about “living the life from the heart”. Both kinds of days, of course, are affected by other people and their actions. It’s as if the world couldn't be a beautiful place without another person there to validate it for us….then every day is quite simply a beautiful day. Don’t you think this is what it means – “Living from my heart”…………..

0 comments: