Motivation Poem : By ~ ChristiMorelei

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Someone once asked me,
"What's your motivation?"
So I told them that my inspiration
Was something of elation,
Not trepidation
More like Exaltation
Because I feel no degradation
For expressing my creation,
Something so amazing
That it takes some heavy realization to see.

I suggest you take some notation
And think about your own formation
As I show you my experimentation
Made in a nation of fixation
But it's not an abomination
It's just an exclamation of my generation
And not grounded in one country's hypocrisy.

Some say it's a contradiction
To accept this predilection
Of being rooted in maturation
And not in my own damnation
Even though it's a correlation
Or rather a re-stating
Of what my forefathers taught me.

I've been taught to feel the sensation
The sensation of creation
A citation of my inspiration, but
Not letting asphyxiation
Get in the way of my animation, which is
Rooted in contemplation
And just letting my spirit be free.

So this is a message to Mr. Representation
I don't need your invasion
Of my motivation,
Or your allegations of my transmigration
To be a creature of regurgitation
I want to be someone of moralization
But not because of some political persuasion
That I shouldn't be everything that I want to be.

I realize it's in relation
To show some modulation
In my fierce cries of revelation
To a timid explanation
But I won't consent to that translation
Of my annotation
I demand that my words have no annexation!
And that I be able to speak freely.

This is my angulation;
An actuation of inundation
And it may be filled with agitation
But I'll be damned if I become a slave
To antiquation
Just like the men of activation
Who fell victim to animalization
As crude as crude can possibly be.

I mourn for my articulation
Day by day, I see the preservation
Of free speech precipitating
In favor of some raw predation
If that's any indication
Of what I'm trying to give with my presentation
I just want people to believe.

Believe in a country of mobilization
Acting towards a common creation
A creation of intoxicating stimulation
That allows its citizens to be intensating
We want this country to be exhilarating
Not a federation of deformation
Or a nation based on alienation
And that, my fellow homo sapiens
Is my motivation.

0 comments: